Michelangelo has been working on a reading program online called Headsprout. He has finished 19 of 80 lessons, and is doing a great job sounding out new words. Last friday he had a visit to the emergency room after a wrestling accident. He caught an elbow in the nose, and the swelling had us worried there was a break. Fortunately, it wasn't broken, although his nose has turned lots of different colors!
Pink Princess was ill with a high fever for 5 days. She is a very strong willed little girl under normal conditions, she is just plain stubborn when she is sick! She would not drink anything, and became dehydrated. The doctor was close to admitting her to give her IV fluids, but when she was given the option "drink or get a shot", she opted to drink. She has recovered from the illness, but I think some of the stubbornness remains!
Bear is just as goofy as ever. He often has the household laughing at his latest antics. From singing silly songs to breaking out in random dance moves, he never ceases to amaze us with his creativity!
Jawz wrapped up his wrestling season last weekend with a tournamnet at Marysville Middle School. He learned so much in one short year, but he is not sure if he will continue with his wrestling career :). I'm very proud of the fact that he has kept his grades at A/B while playing sports from August until now!
Habanero has also done well at school and reads avidly. He's still fascinated with money and video games!
I have started teaching online for Tiffin University. It has been a little bumpy to start with, but I really enjoy the flexibility. I work much better at night than early in the morning, and I am able to follow my own schedule.
We have a new family member. I actually she has been in our family for 3 years, but lived with my sister. We moved her in with us to see how our family would adjust to a new member, especially someone with her special needs. Luckily, she has made a seamless transition, and in fact, we don't know what we would do without her. Meet our new member, Bailey:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.