Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Laryngitis & Parenting

The past couple of weeks have been interesting. If you haven't heard, football is completely over for our family... with the exception of watching some games here and there. The Whippets ended their season on a loss, which was disheartening for the coaches and crushing for the players (especially losing to Galion). We have had some readjustments with having another parent in the home, but we are working through it.

I was scheduled to have a physical on Monday morning, just the kind where the doctor wants to see you when your healthy to have something to compare it to when you come in sick. But Monday morning I woke up without my voice. Bear said I lost it in bed and a monster came in and stole it and hid it in the woods. So the kids think we went to the doctor to find my voice, and she couldn't find it either. Needless to say, the doctor could not complete a healthy physical, but she did order a head CT to check my sinuses. I guess I've finally gone to the same doctor long enough for one to realize that it is a constant battle. I'm going on Friday morning to get my head examined... I'll let you know if they find my brain.

Upward Basketball has officially begun it's 5th season at Trinity Evangelical. I still can't believe that God can use my love of basketball and children to serve Him. It just proves he uses every gift He's given us to His glory.

Michelangelo is doing great at swimming lessons. He can swim across the pool all by himself now (the short side). He is going to play basketball this fall at the YMCA in Bucyrus on the kindergarten team. I signed up to be a referee, but apparently they are short on coaches, so since they asked...

Bear took his last gymnastics class today. He really likes gymnastics, if the teacher can keep their attention long enough to teach them something! He's learned how to do a headstand, forward and backward rolls and he has learned some basics on the bars, beam and vault. Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to stay in gymnastics because of scheduling.

Pink Princess is still fascinated with Princesses. She carts her "baby stuff" around everywhere we go. We are lucky to get out of the van with less than 2 bags full of "stuff". She has learned some gymnastics from watching Bear, and can't wait until she can officially start "gernastics".

Jawz is hoping to start wrestling this week, but the last two conditioning sessions have been cancelled. Habanero is having a tough time right now, please pray for him.

Hardy Boy is doing very well in school, and continues to work with the Royal Scribes, a reading and writing organization at school. Weird Owl is also doing very well, and is rarely seen without a smile on his face. He has discovered that he enjoys rollerblading, and he's pretty good considering he just learned a month ago.

This weekend we are going to my sister's to go Trick-or-Treating with all of the kids. Pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Even with football over, you still seem busy as ever!

    Here's hoping you find your brain! Of course if you're like m e, it's been gone for a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.