Saturday, November 22, 2008

Post-Op Update and Basketball

Ok, so the doctor wasn't exactly forthcoming with the details of the surgery, nor the recovery period afterward. I was definitely NOT prepared!!! One-armed Bandit has done an amazing job taking care of everyone, including me! I've been in bed for 4 days now, barely able to get up to sit in the living room with the family for more than a half hour at a time! He even had to coach Michelangelo's basketball team - practice and a game! He did great. I learned a lot about just letting things go too. Did I mention I also got a cold and a stomach virus while recovering?? Can you just say -- YUK! Well, it's Saturday night and I'm able to sit up on the coach and get on the computer for a bit. Hopefully tomorrow I can move around a bit more. I get the splints out on Tuesday, which is supposed to help with the pain and pressure. We could not have done any of this withough the help of friends and family! One Armed Bandits mom came for two days and did an amazing job with the kids.

Michelangelo played in his third game, but I didn't get to see it! Daddy said he did a great job hustling after the ball. The other team didn't have enough players, so we had to share.

Jawz has a wrestling scrimmage on Tuesday. We'll be going down to watch right after I get my splints out -- hope that goes well!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things went okay. It's no fun being laid up, especially when you're the mom and are in charge of practically everything! It's hard to sit by and watch everyone do things you normally do!

    Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.