Sunday, December 14, 2008

Family Update

Jawz Wrestling Update
1. In a meet at Highland in Sparta, OH, Zach wrestled only one match. Although he did not win, he did learn a great lesson about having a good attitude.

2. This Saturday, Jawz wrestled in a tournament at North Union. He wrestled in three matches. His first match went into the third period. He almost had the guy pinned twice, but ran out of steam near the end of the third and got pinned. The next two matches he was up against guys with much more experience, but Jawz was able to get up and show good sportsmanship. Just seeing him out there trying makes me so proud of him. I don't think he realizes what a big deal it is that he has even tried wrestling, having no prior experience. One day...


3. Jawz will wrestle three times this week: Monday @ home, Thursday @ Olentangy Liberty and an intersquad scrimmage on friday IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL!!!! (I think they all deserve a medal just for being willing to do this in front of their peers!)


Michelangelo's Basketball

Michelangelo played another game this weekend. He played well, although he got hit in the face with a ball and had to sit out a bit. He will play his last game this Saturday!

Hardyboy's Surgery


We found out last week that Hardy Boy has a gall bladder filled with gall stones. After four trips to the doctor's office, he has been scheduled for a gall bladder removal on January 9th. It will be a simple procedure, requiring only a few days off of school. He should be feeling much better soon after the surgery!

Busymom

I graduated from the University of Findlay this weekend with a Master's Degree in Education. I actually didn't make it to my graduation though, because I wanted to go to Jawz's wrestling tournament. I want them to be able to look back and remember that they always had someone there. I am pretty well healed up from my surgery, and breathing much, much, much better now. Now if I can just get my allergies under control!

Next semester I will be attempting to teach at Tiffing University. Wish my students luck!

Holiday Preparations

I am almost ready for the holidays. We are taking a different approach this year. Instead of our traditional Christmas routine of opening presents, traveling, opening more presents and eating, we are staying home. Actually, One Armed Bandit and I are traveling before the holidays. We are heading to Jamaica this Saturday for a few days away. Wowsie Doosie Grandma will be staying with the kids (thank God for Grandmas!). We will be home when the kids wake up Christmas morning when we will celebrate the birth of Jesus with a birthday party (cake and everything). Then we will give each other A GIFT to open, since we cannot give Jesus material gifts. Then we will talk about what gifts we CAN give Him through the next year. Then, December 29th, we are going to be enjoying each others company in a trip to Kalahari Resort for 3 days. May God be with us (and I mean the parents) for that one!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday celebrating the birth of our Saviour. May God open your eyes to the gifts He has given you this year!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are just as busy as ever! So glad you're healing quickly. Congrats on finishing up school and good luck teaching!

    I like your Holiday preparations. What great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.