Friday, March 13, 2009

God's Blessings


For the past 6 months I have been wrestling with some very big issues. It is amazing how God brings about the answers in His time, and it all happened in ONE week! I feel so excited about the future that I can't hold it in!
First of all, I have been trying to decide if I was going to be able to pull off homeschooling Seth in Kindergarten, when I know nothing about educating early grades. (Plus keep Lukah and Alayna busy so we could work!) In the past two weeks, God has shown me that He has given me the ability and confidence to work with Seth and Lukah and Alayna. Itall started when I bought the Leap Frog learning video collection (Letter Factory, Talking Words Factory, et.). Within 2 weeks, all three of them are reciting the sounds and names of all of the letters. Seth has also been working with Headsprout for a few months. Just recently I've see it all come together as he has started reading and writing words all over the place! I also picked up a math curriculum, and since doing just 2 lessons AND watching the Leap Frog Math Circus, he is doing addition and patterns easily. I don't mean to boast my accomplishments at all. On the contrary, we could not have done anything without God's help. But it hasn't just been Seth's progress that has given me confidence. I set up a "school" table in the dining room, and since then, Lukah and Alayna have been "working" right along with Seth. Lukah doesn't like to be helped or taught, but he listens all the time and catches everything that I do with Seth. He has been cutting out all kinds of shapes, writing his name, sounding out letters, drawing pictures of people and houses (which he wasn't doing before) and doing math with Seth. Alayna sits and colors with us or cuts out "pictures", but she is picking things up too. All of this to say that I am confident that this is what God wants for us.

Secondly, ever since Zach and Dylan "switched" so they could be with their dad during the week and go to school in Marion, I have prayed that God would give the situation direction, and that I would follow His will. For 3 years now, they have gone to school in Marion, but they have decided they would like to switch the situation back, so they could go to school here again. I'm glad they had the time with their dad, because I think that is so important, especially for boys, to bond with their dad. But I won't lie, I missed them like crazy all week! It will be an adjustment for everyone to get used to busy weeks, and missed rec time on the weekend, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Finally, God opened the door to financial opportunities that have allowed us to relieve some burden from our lives. Granted, these are burdens we have brought on ourselves, but God has shown endless grace in helping us remove these burdens once again. Knowing that I will be able to stay home through next year in order to provide the education my children deserve is beyond thrilling to me!

I hope God is also showing his endless mercy and grace in your life as well. It is so hard to accept sometimes, because I am so undeserving! Have a blessed week!



1 comment:

  1. That is sooo awesome!! I'm so happy things are scooting in the right direction for you. Sadly, we're still praying & waiting for things to turn for us, but I know they will. Just not in 'our' time frame! You give us hope!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.