It has been quite a while since I've posted updates. I have been watching for a moment that would inspire me to write, but I think life has been flying by so fast that I haven't caught any moments lately!
The past couple of weeks I have been putting in extra hours with Tiffin, closing out one term and getting another one ready to go. I have to admit, eventhough it accentuates my nerdiness, I LOVE it! I love being able to combine my love of teaching, with my technological skills and my need to be home right now.
I have also been working with Seth, Lukah and Alayna on some simple preschool activities. I need to see if I can do this steadily for the next couple of months before I make a commitment to homeschool Seth next year. So far it is going well. Seth is doing an online reading program called Headsprout (www.headsprout.org), where he is learning how to read quickly! I also found an entire Hooked on Math curriculum set at a Once Upon a Child for $24! I initially bought it for my Sister in Law, who is homeschooling her son Noah. But Seth saw it on the table and insisted we do it. I sat down with him, Lukah and Alayna one morning and before long, all three of them were picking up math facts. (Lukah did very well because a large part is set to music, which he picks up very easily.)
So between working from home, preschooling, carting kids around the state and trying to keep the house somewhat clean, I stay pretty busy. But I have to say, this is one of the best times of my life. I'm truly enjoying my time with the kids and my ability to work my brain at the same time. God has truly blessed me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.