Friday, March 20, 2009
Time Revealed
Today, as many of you know, is a special day to me. Not only is it the day that I entered this world, it is also the beginning of the end of winter. Sharing my birthday with the rebirth of the Earth after a long cold winter has alway seemed to escape my attention. I have known for quite some time that winter is my least favorite season, eventhough I do respect and ackowledge it's importance in our ecosystem. But this year, I feel like my eyes and heart have been opened to experience this day from a fresh perspective. For the past year, I have noticed all of the signs that time has been catching up to me physically (i.e., laugh lines, sprinkled gray hair, general aches and pains). This has been a gradual process, but it seems like this year I have taken more notice (and offense) at the accumulated affect. But today I am reminded that while I am one year older, like the Earth, I am also one year closer to experiencing perfection. Our Earth is also experiencing the accumulated affects of age, wrecklessness and selfishness. Every winter, the Earth attempts to renew itself, but falls just a little bit short year after year. But there will come a time when the Earth and everyone who believes in Jesus Christ will be renewed to their God-created, perfect state. On this day, I believe that, while my body may be growing older, my heart has inflated infinitely by the Holy Spirit. The short time I will spend in my earthly body does not compare to eternity as a heavenly vessel. My birthday prayer is that God would renew your spirit and grant you a glimpse of perfection today, as he has done for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.