Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Phone Call

Alayna - 2 years old (February 08)--------------------- Alayna - 3 years old (February 09)

Yesterday, I was outside playing baseball with the Seth and Lukah. They just can't wait for warmer weather, and 38 with a windchill of about 25 was warm enough for them. Unfortunately, Alayna was not willing to brave the cold to be a cheerleader for her brothers, so she chose to be inside. After a few minutes, I heard "Mooooommmmmmmyyyyyy" coming from the house. Alayna opened the door and said something about the phone. I figured she had answered the phone and I needed to come and take it, but when I came in, the phone was not off the hook. She said, "Mommy, she said she will talk to me soon and then the phone said meeeee...meeeee...meeeee....meeeeee." I asked who it was and she said, "I don't know, Sierra Suzie?" (Sierra is her friend and Suzie is grandma.)


As we approach Alayna's 3rd birthday on Friday, I have been thinking of all of the changes and growth I've seen in her. I don't take time to pay attention to her daily changes, but when I look at the giant leaps she has made in the last 12 months, I am astounded. I wonder if God does the same thing, or if He is able to appreciate our small changes as we make them. Every day I wake up hoping to make a good impression on God. By the time my head hits the pillow, I count how many times I failed and disappointed Him. But as I think of Alayna's past year, I realize that I am not remembering all of the times she disappointed or frustrated me, I remember the positive growth and change. This gives me hope and reminds me to focus and pay attention to the small changes I make every day, because that is what He is smiling about.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Is she really 3 already? Where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.